The West Family Blog

The updates of a little family in North Carolina trying to figure it all out....

Thursday, April 8, 2010

10 Things...





















There are many things that I am grateful for, but a few things have come to mind as I have embarked on having my second child. The last 3 months of my beautiful little Lily's life have been gratifying, exhausting, amazing, and, at times, challenging! She has so many little tummy troubles that she has cried much of her little life already :( But, life goes on, and things get better for her every day, and now we see much more of her smiles and laughter, and less and less of her little tears- yay! So, to celebrate, I thought I would share a list of the 10 things that have best helped me to survive the last 90 days!












1. Adam






Not only is he my best friend, and many days my only adult conversation, but he is also a doting daddy which helps so much on those really long nights












2. My itouch






Wow, this has been an amazing help to keep me awake for late night feedings, entertain Ellie when I have my hands full, and provides great music and facebooking distraction!












3. Eliana






She gets me burb cloths, blankets, rubs Lily's tummy for me, and, best of all, adores Lily and makes this whole transition for our family a breeze!












4. Mylicon






couldn't live without it!












5. My boppy






My back thanks you boppy makers!












6. Baby Whisperer






Check it out, amazing! It helped me get Lily to sleep in her crib, and most of the night already












7. Cell phone






Keeping me in contact with my family so far away, and my friends who I miss so much.












8. A good book






The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society and Catching Fire to name a few :)












9. Prayer






Heavenly Father in general actually. I couldn't have stayed awake some of those late nights or just when I needed to without the power of prayer. And the comfort and knowledge it brings into my life keeps me going on even the most difficult of days :)












10. First smiles, first giggles, first laughs












And here are a few pictures of my little chunk- I love her so much!












4 comments:

Melanie said...

Lily is ADORABLE! Love those cheeks!! :)

(V.Kerr) School Time Adventures said...

I love the pic with the big flower and little skirt! Did you make the skirt?

tawnie said...

Melanie- Thank you! I love her cheeks too :)
Vanessa- Thanks! Yes, I made that outfit - it's a tutu attatched to a onesie, and I made a matching flower headband.

Becca said...

Wonderful perspective. I can only imagine how exhausting the last few months have been for you. It makes me a little nervous for August... but I know in the end it's so worth it. I love the photos. She really is a cutie and as always you make such cute things for your girls. We hope we get to see you soon but completely understand how upside down life is the first bit after babies come. You're still invited to the lake in May though if you want.